Texas Democrats

I seem to be focusing on Democrats at this point. Because they won the election, and because there is some controversy surrounding Barack Obama's qualifications, I'm particularly interested in how the Democrats certified their candidate. Today, I contacted the Chairman of the Texas State Democratic Party, Boyd Richie. Here is a copy of the letter I sent him:

Chairman Richie,

According to your website, http://www.txdemocrats.org/the_party/article_vii_national_delegate_selection_rules

"The oath on the application of a presidential candidate shall be:

"I, ______________ of __________________, __________ County/Parish, _____________, being a candidate for the Office of President of the United States, swear that I will support and defend the constitution and laws of the United States. I further swear that I will fully support the Democratic nominee for President whoever that shall be.""

At this time, I am formally requesting that an electronic copy of that document referred to on your site as "The oath on the application of a presidential candidate" from each of the party's Presidential candidates for the 2008 election. I request that these documents be emailed to to this email address (juriggs@yahoo.com) within the next 48 hours. If an electronic copy is not available, I request that a paper copy be mailed to:

Justin W. Riggs
5255 S. Grant Street
Littleton, CO 80121

The postmark should read no later than December 3, 2008.

Should my request be denied for any reason, I request that you explain, in detail, why the request was denied. If there is a formal process that must take place in order for these documents to be released, please provide me with the necessary information so that I can make an appropriate request.

I appreciate your time and attention to this matter, and wish you a happy holiday season.

Your Fellow Citizen,

Justin W. Riggs

As always, I'll update the post when I hear back from him.