Alice Germond, Secretary of the Democratic National Committee

Alice Travis Germond's signature was on the documents sent to me by Hawaii. I wanted to write her a letter that was slightly less formal then the others I've sent, as my previous style hasn't been providing the results I'd like. Below is the letter I sent to Ms. Germond...

------------
Ms. Germond,

Hi! My name is Justin Riggs, and I'm writing you from Denver, Colorado. I've been working on a research project for about a month now, and am hoping that you might be able to help me put one more piece of the puzzle together.

My project has centered around how presidential candidates gain access to the general election ballot in various states. Over the past month, I've contacted nearly every Secretary of State's office in the country, and been lucky enough to receive answers to my questions from nearly all of them. Hawaii has been my latest project, and I'm contacting you because your name was on one of the documents sent to me by Kevin Cronin, the Chief Election Officer in the Office of Elections of Hawaii.

As you may or may not know, Hawaii is a bit different than most other states in that it requires the political party of the candidate to declare that the candidate is legally qualified to serve as President under the provisions of the Constitution. Where I'm hoping you can help me is in providing me with a small description of how the Democratic Party determines that their candidate meets this criteria.

Also, it is my understanding that the Office of the Secretary is responsible for retaining all official materials for the party, as well as sending them to the National Archives for preservation. I've been to the National Archives website, and found it quite difficult to navigate! I was wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction in terms of where I might find the documents you've sent to the archives that are related to the 2008 presidential election.

I want to thank you in advance for your time, and sincerely wish you a happy holiday season. I look forward to your response, and hope that you might be able to help me finish off my research project strong!

Thanks again,
Your Fellow Citizen,
Justin W. Riggs