My Congressional Representatives

In my previous post, the following sentences grabbed my attention...

"As the law currently stands, Congress has not given NARA the authority to vet candidates' qualifications. You can contact your Congressional representatives regarding federal oversight of the qualification process...."

It was especially interesting, because earlier today Carol Fowler, Chair of the SC Democratic Party, had told me,

"... I can tell you that presidential qualifications are a federal, not state, issue."

Is this true? Have I been looking at the wrong level of government? I decided to find out.

I should note that I have looked into the United States Code, and there is precious little having to do with the President in general, and nearly nothing on elections. I have seen the FEC's response to inquiries, chased an imaginary federal document (that turned out to be the District of Columbia's) regarding Presidential eligibility, and done what I consider to be a fair amount of research into this topic. But I have refrained from contacting my congressional representatives, because I feel that it's important not to burden our leadership with frivolous concerns.

Having received these two witnesses that the qualification process may take place at the federal level, however, I now feel prepared to write my representatives, and seek their aid in helping me answer these simple questions.