Hawaii

I love Hawaii - the are such a warm, loving people. Even the Lieutenant Governor's office is nice.

------------
DOCUMENT REQUEST - *TIME SENSITIVE*

Justin W. Riggs
5255 S. Grant St. Littleton, CO 80121
303-781-1998

December 12, 2008

LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR James R. "Duke" Aiona, Jr.
State of Hawaii
ELECTIONS DIVISION
Phone: 808 586-0255
Fax: 808 586-0231
email: ltgov@hawaii.gov

RECORDS REQUEST

Dear Records Request Officer:

Pursuant to the state open records act, I request access to and copies of the candidate nomination papers (as referred to in §12-7 of the Hawaii Revised Statutes) for all major-party presidential candidates on the November 4, 2008 General Election ballot. Because this request is for public, non-commercial use, I request that any fee be waived. If a fee is required, please contact me at this email address (juriggs@yahoo.com) with the amount, at which time I will decide to pursue or cancel my request. If my request is denied in whole or part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the act. I would also remind you that the act stipulates that you respond to this request in a timely fashion. I request that the document be mailed either electronically (a scan of the document is sufficient) or through the postal service, no later than noon, December 10th. If this is not possible, please contact me at this email address (juriggs@yahoo.com) with a time and a date by which I can expect to receive the document. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Citizen,
Justin W. Riggs

Aloha Mr. Riggs, The Office of Elections is no longer under within the Office of the Lieutenant Governor. By copy of this correspondence, I am requesting that the Office of Elections review your matter and take any action that they deem to be necessary and appropriate. Mahalo for writing to the Office of the Lieutenant Governor. Office of the Lieutenant GovernorState Capitol - Fifth FloorHonolulu, Hawai`i 96813(808) 586-0255www.hawaii.gov/ltgov
Justin Riggs