Republican National Committee's Lawyers

I seem to be getting the best response to my letters when I write to lawyers, so I thought I would try the lawyers for the Republican National Committee. Here's what I wrote:

------------
Dear Sir/Madam,

I was recently forwared a copy of the Certificate of Nominations from the state of Maryland. The document is signed by John A. Boehner, Chairman of the 2008 Republican National Convention, and Jean A. Inman, Secretary of the same.

The document states, in part, "We do hereby certify that... the following person, meeting the constitutional requirements for the Office of President of the United States...w(as) nominated for (this) office to be filled at the ensuing general election...."

My question is this: What is the process for checking a presidential candidate's qualifications? Who is responsible for doing this? When is it done? What evidence is provided by the candidate that establishes eligibility? Clearly, some process took place - otherwise, it would impossible to certify him as an eligible candidate, would it not?

I am most grateful for your time and attention, and eagerly look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Citizen,
Justin W. Riggs