A National Clearinghouse for Election Information?

Tonight I stumbled across a federal organization that goes by the name of "Election Assistance Commission". On their website, it states that one of their functions is to act as a source of information regarding election administration.

Well, if anybody needs some assistance right now, it would be me. So I wrote them:

According to your website,

"EAC is an independent, bipartisan commission charged with... serving as a national clearinghouse of information about election administration." I was hoping you might be able to help me answer a question about one of the processes that takes place during the Presidential elections.

As you know, the Constitution has requirements regarding qualifications for the Presidency. My question is this: Who has the legal responsibility for checking the candidate's qualifications, and ensuring that the candidate will be able to hold the office should they be elected?

I've contacted all kinds of people, and no one seems to have a definitive answer. The state's say they(sic) federal government oversees it, the federal government says to contact my state government, a Senator said that it's my job as a voter to ensure that the candidate is qualified, and a couple of party chairs said they just have the candidate sign a piece of paper stating that their eligible - kind of a "take my word for it" approach.

If you could help me track down the answer to this question, I would be extremely grateful. As a (now) concerned citizen, it is important for me to know that somebody, somewhere is ensuring that our Presidential candidates are qualified to assume the office should they be elected.

Respectfully Yours,
Your Fellow Citizen,
Justin W. Riggs