One Simple Question Becomes Three More Difficult Ones

Updated 11-29-08

Originally, there was only one question I was trying to answer, but at this point there are two additional questions I'm interested in. Here is the new post, with all three questions:

------------
If we have requirements that must be met in order to serve as the POTUS, I assume there is a process in place to make sure that those requirements are met.

1) What is the name of the individual, individuals, or group who is authorized and responsible for certifying that Presidential candidates are eligible to hold the office of President?

2) At what point in the campaign does the certification occur? (I'd like to see a chronology of the certification process)

3) What documentary proof is the candidate required to provide to the certifier so that he/she can be certified as eligible? (I'd like to see copies of each of these documents)