Almost Exciting

Last night, as I was researching, breaking news occured: someone had found a document that showed that Nancy Pelosi had certified Barack Obama as eligible to hold the Office of President. I was elated - here was my answer! I contacted the individual who had the document, and asked him to email it to me as soon as possible. Graciously, he sent it over within minutes. Unfortunately, the document didn't show what I was hoping. Instead, it just showed that Pelosi had certified that Obama had been nominated to be the Democratic Party's candidate for President - quite a different thing. Here's a link to the document:

http://countusout.wordpress.com/2008/11/26/foia-request-response-from-va-document-from-va-sos-signed-by-nancy-pelosi-stating-that-pelosi-certified-obamas-qualifications/dnc-certification_of_nomination-082908-2/

After seeing this, I felt like I needed to post a comment, making sure that everyone understood what the document actually said. I did, and eventually, it was turned into a post on another site. Here's the link to that:

http://countusout.wordpress.com/2008/11/27/pelosi-certifying-the-party-nominated-obama/#comment-3552

Hopefully, we'll get to the bottom of this. I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact Ms. Pelosi and ask her if she knows who certified Obama as eligible. Howard Dean as well, since he's the Chairman of the party. This project is starting to eat up a bit of time!!