Letter to Ron Paul...

Following is the text of a letter I sent to Rep. Ron Paul on November 15th, 2008:


Rep. Paul,

As you may or may not know, during this Presidential election, both major party candidates were accused of not meeting the Constitutional requirements laid out in Article II regarding the necessary qualifications to hold the office of President of the United States.

I personally cannot bring myself to believe that these candidates did not provide evidence of their eligibility for the office to somebody at some point during the election process. However, I have not been able to locate any information on what the process is to ensure a candidate meets the Constitutional requirements to become President.

Because you ran for the office, I thought you might be able to answer this question. Were you required to provide evidence of your eligibility to run for office? Who required that evidence? What evidence did you have to provide?

Unfortunately, this information has eluded me up to this point. I hope to find an answer, because if we *aren't* ensuring that our candidates are qualified, I'd like to start a movement to introduce legislation that would create a process that each candidate would have to go through before they could be placed on a state ballot.

I thank you for your time, and look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Justin W. Riggs

As soon as I get a response, I'll post it here for everyone to see...